Tuesday, September 07, 2021

TRANSFORMED PEARS

Last month I posted a photo of the pears I had picked from our tree.

Now they have been transformed into a spice bread...kind of like coffee cake.

This is so dangerous for my diet 

But...

Boy is it tasty.

I simmered the cut up pears with spices until they were pretty soft and then added them to a carrot cake batter.

The house smelled so good.

Dave and I had a tiny slice last night and I give myself a pat on the back.

Can you say YUM?





This is such a dangerous thing to have in the house.

I made another one to give to our next door neighbors.

Mike has been so wonderful.  He has been cutting our lawn while Dave has been out of commission.

We are so fortunate to have such great people in our neighborhood.


11 comments:

jel said...

that does look good enough to eat! :)

how is your husband doing?

jel said...

it will take time but he will get there.

oh and I made a couple of squash pies yesterday,

Linda said...

I love your pear cake!! I used to make one when I had access to pear trees. I bought some pears at the grocery store and have been thinking about baking one next week. My recipe makes a really big cake and freezes well. Plus I have several doctor appointments coming up so I can share a good many slices! I’ll post a pic of my pear recipe tonight and we will see how similar they may be…

sandy said...

Looks delicious and wow, nice neighbor. I'm sure he enjoyed that bread.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It looks delicious. I'm enjoying some pears that I purchased. Never had a bread made with them.

MadSnapper said...

looks yum from here, mother used pears in all kinds of things, preserves, cooked like apples and eaten with cream or ice cream, never pear bread but she would if she had known about it

Ruth Hiebert said...

That bread looks wonderful and sounds even better.

Hootin Anni said...

Delicious looking!! I don't recall ever having pear bread. I bet it is so moist...yum

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...how is your husband's recovery?

Marie Smith said...

What a good idea for pears. It looks yummy!

Sandi said...

Pears and carrot cake. I never would have thought of that. Sounds delicious!