Monday, September 27, 2021

FRESH STARTS IT'S A NEW WEEK

 Where in the world has September gone?

It seems I just changed my calendar and it's almost time to do it again.

No rain coming our way...but, actually it feels a bit more like Fall today.

The slant of the sun is different and a few leaves are turning color.

Dave went out yesterday and picked several pomegranates.

Such a dismal crop this year.  The weather and fires everywhere have played havoc on everything.

These guys sitting on my kitchen counter have no color to speak of....

I wonder if they will even taste good.

Time will tell.





Enjoy your day..


9 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

We have a pomegranate tree...but the Feb. freeze played havoc with it. It's finally showing new growth at the ground level. I'll be 6' under by the time it produces fruit again.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hope those fruit ripen and become tasty.

Wanda said...

At least they make a pretty picture. I bought two peaches the other day, they looks so good, but when I tasted them.. they were tasteless...so sad. I remember the lushious peaches when we lived in Hughson, and could pick them ripe right off the tree. Juice running down to your elbows when you took a bite.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How nice that you have pomegranates. The year is passing by to quickly. I'm sure they will taste good.

Ginny Hartzler said...

They do look fresh and plump though!

MadSnapper said...

I just thought the same thing about September when I added my first two appointments in October and it was only 3 days and to go until I turn the page over. I think that's why all of our prices for produce and other foods are going so high because of all the crazy things going on in our world

Marie Smith said...

Leaves on Pomegranate. Such an unusual sight. Hope they taste good!

jel said...

how do you eat a Pomegranate? I have never had one.
how do they taste?

sandy said...

time is going way too fast - i guess it's because we're older...i dont' know ..there is some rationale to that I guess - iread it somewhere. anyway... hope your pomegranits taste good. It has been chilly the last several nights and today the usual Fall fog has arrived in the mountains. We go from hot summer to cool/chilly almost immediately with like week or two inbetween with wonderful weather.