Tuesday, August 31, 2021

MY PHOTO CLUB CHALLENGE

 I belong to several photo clubs.

My Faith-based club had an interesting challenge this week.

We were to apply some of the principles we had been reviewing.

The challenge was to photograph vegetables as if it was for a magazine ad,

Or could be used in an advertisement.

Here is mine...

After viewing it I will explain how my mind worked..😁



Radishes ...I thought no one would think about radishes..they aren't a very common veggie.

HaHa .. 6 people used radishes in their photos!!

Ok, on with the story.

Growing up, My Mom loved to entertain and when there were special dinners , part of her relish dish always had "Radish Roses".  I thought I would make some roses, which led to the green leaves becoming a bouquet, which led to me putting a bow around it...

Now what?  Well I could pretend it was an engagement photo.  Dave suggested I try to cut a heart out on one of the radishes..so I did.

Can you find it?

The connection between the ring and the veggies is this.

When my Grandma passed away my Mom inherited her ring.  Mom had it reset into the ring you see here.

When Mom passed away 26 years ago, I inherited her ring, so it's a family heirloom which the Roses spurred on in my memory.

This is a silly ad in a way but it sure would catch someone's attention in a magazine.

RADISHES ARE GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION...






10 comments:

jel said...

I love radishes :)

and that shot!

Wanda said...

Oh Sue...that is just the best story ever!! You do have a way with words, and you excelled in this Photo Challenge. I give you First Place, and Best of the Show!!

MadSnapper said...

now i am wondering just how all the others used radishes. i love them and just bought a bunch last week. would never have come up with the ring and radishes but it works great. love the ring....

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is very clever and beautiful.

Marie Smith said...

I see radishes in a whole new light!

Lady Samy said...

Hello, dear. Surely your photo would fit in a vintage magazine or wedding party. Congratulations!
I'm from Brazil, but you can activate google translator to read my blog posts if you want to visit me :)
kisses

Blog Lady Samy/Facebook/Instagram/Youtube

sandy said...

Wow i love this - very well thought out. That you used the ring in it is really cool. And yes I saw the heart. You win an award in my book.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I remember radish roses. You did a great job with them. A ring and roses, the perfect romantic pair. You really knocked this challenge out of the ballpark!

Hootin Anni said...

Of course...I spotted the heart right away!! I used to cut roses into radishes all the time. Now, Bud can't eat 'em at his age, so I stopped buying them. Must get me some??

Love your inherited ring...it's beautiful.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

That is so creative. I love it. And yes, I did see the heart.