Saturday, June 05, 2021

LIFE LONG FRIENDS

 I thought I would share with you the photo I took on Friday.

This is my "Life-long Friend" Lynne.

We have known each other for over 60 years.

I am able to be with her just about every Friday when her daughter runs errands and grocery shopping.

She has the onset of Alzheimers and only 20% vision in one eye.

We have a great time visiting and talking about our history together,

It can be difficult to repeat the same things over and over but she so appreciates  my reminding her of things we have done together.

Sometimes my heart is so sad by the time I get home.

What and who she has forgotten leaves such pain in me.

I really call this a Labor of Love.



I think she looks great for being 80 years old.

Friends till the End...


7 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

This opens my heart to see Lynne as beautiful as she is!!! And your friendship is astounding...long, and loving!!!

MadSnapper said...

my best friend of 62 years lives in Savannah. we were in each others weddings and showers and had our babies in the same years. she had 3 sons, i had 2. we met when we were 15 and now we are 76, she born Aug 44 and me Sep 44.. I am happy for you and for Lynn that you are able to stay with her and help her daughter.

Ginny Hartzler said...

May god bless you for this, and I know He will. Such sad visits, but it is so good that they both have you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

She does look amazing. It is so sad when the mind begins to fail.

diane b said...

Thats a wonderful thing you are doing for your friend.

Marie Smith said...

How wonderful to share time with your friend like you are doing. Friends until the end indeed.

sandy said...

How wonderful for her that you visit with her every week - she must love it. She does look nice and i just think this is sweet.