Monday, June 14, 2021

FRESH FRUIT AND FANTASTIC FRIENDS

 

Yesterday I got a phone call from my neighbor Hye.

She lives next door on our other side.

Hye said I haven't seen you or Dave in so long...I just had to call and find out how things were.

I guess for some reason we keep missing each other.

We chatted for a bit and then she said..

Go out to the backyard and pick all the apricots that are drooping over the fence

from her tree to our yard.

So we chatted some more while I picked some.

They aren't quite ripe but better to be picked than turning to mush.

The temperatures are suppose to be 107F by Friday.

Not going to pick in that heat!!!



As I have said many times...

I LOVE WHERE WE LIVE AND THE NEIGHBORS WE HAVE!!!

Feeling Blessed.


11 comments:

Wanda said...

Yummm, Apricots...one of my favoite. I love your thoughtful neighbors. Sending Love and Hugs.

MadSnapper said...

you are indeed blessed with neighbors. and they with you. i have never seen an apricot, i love them but always buy canned or dried .. yum

Ginny Hartzler said...

Next post, you have to let us know what you are doing with them.

Marie Smith said...

You are blessed indeed. Enjoy the harvest.

LC said...

Good neighbors who also share apricots are a blessing.

sandy said...

that's pretty darn nice! I have a few good neighbors here - ...not many live on our road, few and far between.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Good neighbours are priceless, as I have found out.

Hootin Anni said...

There ARE good people on this Earth!! You and hubs are blessed.

diane b said...

You can't beat good friends and neighbours.

Shammickite said...

What are you going to do with the apricots? Can you make jam? Or a pie? If you make a pie, please can you invite me over for a slice? Please?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was really nice of her. Enjoy!