Monday, June 28, 2021

A JUNE CHRISTMAS

We had such a nice weekend.

We celebrated Christmas in June !!

Due to all the virus ugliness we had to cancel our annual tradition of Christmas with my Daughter in Love's side of the family.

So guess what?

It came on a hot 105F day in June....

There were 20 of us family and friends that have become "family"

Great marathon eats, lots of laughs and a still fun gift exchange.

I did manage to grab a few shots of the day but mostly it was just enjoying being out and together.



Some fun appetizers and by the time everyone came this counter was full of goodies.



This was just the beginning



Loved seeing a Christmas tree in our son's house in June.



Dave was so happy to be out and enjoying himself.

He was one pooped Papa by the end of the day though.

Merry June Christmas... (:0)

💓😋


10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What fun, and why not? A lot of people do Christmas in July. I love the watermelon!!

Martha said...

What fun! I'm glad you all had a great time. :)

jel said...

That did look like fun. Good for you all.

Hootin Anni said...

What an AWESOME idea for celebrating family!!! I love it!!! This truly is a definite "feel good" blog Sue. Hey, I'd be tired too. A GOOD TIRED, tho.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like a great way to spend a summer day.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful way to get together! It has been a difficult year and it is nice to see people getting together again.

Marie Smith said...

What a great idea. So good for mind and body! Dave is looking great!

MadSnapper said...

I think this is a fantastic idea and that more people should try it. After all some human picked the holidays they're not really set in stone somebody just decided when and made it that way. I love the watermelon. Decoration and all the food looks delish Merry Christmas

sandy said...

well I forgot to say Merry Christmas. Sounds like a fun get together and pretty cool idea...break up the summer a bit.

Linda said...

That centerpiece is amazing and perfect for the occasion! I used to do Christmas in July with my art class and serve hot chocolate with peppermint sticks and play Christmas CDs! We would start our Christmas paintings! I will be doing that when we come back to the country next month! All my art supplies are down here now!