Saturday, February 27, 2021

TULIP TREE BLOSSOMS

 

Yesterday I did my weekly stint of care-giving for my very long time friend (60 years of friendship)

The day was warm and the sky was so blue.

We went out in her backyard for a while and I noticed that their tulip tree was in full bloom.

Out came my trusty Android phone and I snapped away.

What amazing gorgeous flowers.



My friend only has 20% vision in one eye, so she is enjoying the tactile feel  of these amazing flowers.









And of course..I have to play around a little bit with  an image.

I kind of like the abstract quality of the posterized version.



Happy Weekend...



10 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I've seen tulip poplar trees before (in Colorado), but never before the tulip tree! Spectacular blossoms & such a delicate rosy-pink!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful flowers. I'm glad that even with limited vision, your friend could enjoy the flowers.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Martha said...

So pretty and so nice of you to help your friend.

MadSnapper said...

she looks so happy out in the sun and flowers, even though she can't see it she can feel the petals and feel the sun on her face.. love the posterized flower.

Marie Smith said...

I can see why it’s called a tulip tree. Gorgeous!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

So beautiful--both the flowers and your pictures of them-and your friend looks so happy.

jel said...

Very pretty .
hope ya have a great week!

sandy said...

beautiful friendship you have - and so nice she can feel the bloom. pretty photos.

Shammickite said...

Tulip tree? Is it a magnolia?