Tuesday, November 17, 2020

DAY # 17 THIRTY DAYS OF THANKSGIVING

 

This is day # 17 of my 30 days of Thanksgiving.

Today I am very grateful to belong to a wonderful faith-based photo club.

We meet via ZOOM so there are people from near and far.

I don't understand a whole lot of the techie stuff

but the people are wonderful and I have actually learned a lot.

Each week there is a specific photo challenge.

This last week was "how low can you go?"

For many of us it wasn't the getting down to photograph something

that was difficult ..... it was the getting back up afterwards.... 😄

This was my submission



I looked out my dining room window and saw that my Manzanita bush/tree had dropped

some of it's "fruit".

The sun was highlighting them and the tree shadows framed them nicely.

So

I squatted down with my camera on the ground and shot.

I'm happy I was able to get these things in focus....

But

I'm even more happy that I was able to get back up!

It wasn't a pretty sight!

Hope the neighbors couldn't see me...





9 comments:

Sandi said...

From the thumbnail I thought they were pumpkins!

Nice shot.

MadSnapper said...

I also thought they were pumpkins! Great job Clear and beautiful and I can even see the little Shadows

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well you are sure a good sport! The last time I was down on the floor, we almost had to call 911.

Martha said...

Nice capture, I'm glad you were able to get back up!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I understand that dilemma of getting back up. That's why i now have a camera that has a swivel screen, so I can just bend over to get the pictures.

Hootin Anni said...

You should see me!! I need to crawl along & find a prop for leverage to get back up. I L'dOL with Ginny's comment.

jel said...

cool shot.
what kind of fruit are they?
and I hear ya about the getting back up. :)

Marie Smith said...

I know exactly what you mean about the getting up part! It’s a big accomplishment I am thankful for too.

sandy said...

well you got down low and you got up! that's a good thing in my book, even if it isn't the most graceful sight.