Thursday, December 19, 2019

THROWBACK THURSDAY


This post will be both Throwback Thursday and Thankful Thursday.

These two photos are of my Father in Law, circa late 1920's through 1930.

I am unsure of the exact date.  Its frustrating there are no dates on his photographs.

Yesterday marked 40 years since he passed.

He was a kind, thoughtful, very intelligent man.

I am thankful for him and all he did for my Hubby and I.

He retired as a Major in the Army.

My Father in Law was a true man of character.







We certainly miss him and his big booming voice.

Golden memories.





9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

How fortunate to have such a man in the family!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. I have lamented the fact that old pictures didn't have dates on them.On a funny note, I came across one obviously older picture and on the back someone had written, taken last October. Now if only I knew which October that had been.

sandy said...

so nice when someone has the old old photos to share. I have a box of old family photos and glad I have them.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What wonderful photos and good memories! Sweet hugs for Thankful Thursday!

Chatty Crone said...

Nice that you have older photos like that.

LC said...

Wonderful memories sparked by those photos. My father was also a major but I am not sure of my father-in-law's rank. Both are gone now. At this Christmas season, it is a gift that I, too, can have good memories of a caring, giving father and father-in-law.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like he was a hero!

Michelle said...

These are wonderful photographs and you are lucky to have them. Thanks for linking up.

diane b said...

Fabulous old photos.