Monday, November 04, 2019

HAPPY MONDAY


A few days ago Hubby and I were running errands and stopped into our local Thrift Store.

It's put on by volunteers and funds Acres of Hope.  This is a safe haven for women and their children.

Its a place to live and stay until they can get back on their feet.

Most of the women have been in abusive relationships.

There is counseling, some educational workshops, things for the kids to do in a loving and safe environment.

Lives are rescued and changed forever.

That's why we support this work.

All that to say..I have been selling "stuff" on eBay and really don't need anything!!

But I just couldn't pass up this gorgeous plate.

It was on clearance for $2.59 !!!

It came home with me...




Sunflowers just make me happy !!!



9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is beautiful! I love sunflowers too. And the money went to such a good cause.

MadSnapper said...

sunflowers are my favorite flowers. we have Hope Family Services here and they have a thrift store also... they do wonderful things with women in need. they also have a safe house.. I agree with Ginny, the money went for good

Michelle said...

A beautiful purchase for a good cause!!!!!!!!

Marie Smith said...

Acres of Hope sounds like a wonderful charity!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a beautiful plate and so decorative plus the money you spent goes for a good cause.

Shammickite said...

Yes that plate is really lovely. I think I would have brought it home too! The local thrift shop raises money for Mennonite Relief, not quite sure what that is, however, the shop is always busy and I think probably the busiest shop in town! I go in to have a look every couple of weeks, but I don't always buy something. I'm trying to get rid of "stuff" too!

jel said...

I like sunflowers too!
have a good day!

LC said...

We all need a touch of beautiful brightness. Thanks for sharing yours and the work of that safe haven!

Wanda said...

That plate is so YOU. I love the way it looks on the fireplace.