Friday, September 06, 2019

FLASHBACK FRIDAY


The year is 1998.

The place is the Jean Lafitte Swamp of New Orleans, LA.

Hubby and I had just finished working the American Academy of Opthalmology

conference and tradeshow.

We always tried to spend a few days extra to see the sights after the shows.

The swamp with it's alligators was wonderful.

I loved riding the big Airboat and seeing things so out of my every day life.




My Hubby, Dave holding the pet alligator of our airboat captain.

Me...nope....

I didn't touch it.





Great memories from 21 years ago.





9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yikes, what an adventure!! Was your husband an eye doctor?

Marie Smith said...

I wouldn’t be that brave either!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I would be on your side. Don't think I could hold one of those critters.

MadSnapper said...

how fast 21 years can speed by, I am with you , no holding gators no matter their size.. I visited Okeefeenoki Swamp when my kids were little. a fun place. it is in Georgia

sandy said...

wow enjoyed the memory...

Michelle said...

New Orleans is my favorite US city. So much history, great food, and weirdness! I love it!

Chatty Crone said...

I bet it is not a pet anymore!

Shammickite said...

OOOOO a baby alligator as a pet, no thanks, not cuddly enough for me.
But I'd love to visit that place, I have never explored that area of the USA. Probably never will now, certainly as long as Mr Trump is in charge!

Shammickite said...

Tessa says she wishes that Snickerdoodle could have come to her party.