Saturday, June 22, 2019

BREAKAWAY 2019 IS IN THE BOOKS


I haven't been on line for the last week.

Hubby and I have been working at our summer camp called Breakaway.

It's like Vacation Bible School on steroids.

Hubby's morning session responsibilities was being on the security team.

I was a part of the snack team, serving some goodies to the "campers" every day.

The total count was 1200 campers and volunteers.

The logistics are a huge undertaking.

One of the snack traditions is PRETZEL DAY.

We serve warmed pretzels that have been slathered in butter...my job on this photo,

smothered in cinnamon and sugar, then cut in two and put into individual bags.

Its so messy and delicious.  Nobody wants to miss that day.




This is just a portion of our team, I'm second from the front on the right.

What a great team, lots of laughter and making forever friends.



14 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Looks like fun for everyone!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I recognized you immediately. What fun! The pretzels sound delicious, I hope you got a free one!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a super busy week ,but one with lasting rewards. Those pretzels look and sound good.

Anne Jeffries said...

Fun times. I'm sure the kids loved it.

MadSnapper said...

bob just said 2 days ago, we have not had soft pretzels in a long time. I said that would be 2 years plus, but you can have them if you want them. he said no. but both of us love those pretzels, have never had them with sugar on them but I bet it is good. glad you both made it through the week with those long hours

Chatty Crone said...

How sweet of you and your hubs doing this!

sandy said...

wow you have been busy and those pretzels sound amazing. Liked seeing the pic of you and the crew~! You have such a cute smile.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a crazy week, but no doubt great. Always good to come together with fine people.

Shammickite said...

Is this a camp for children or adults?

Shammickite said...

Hi Sue, thank you for the Breakaway explanation. I am assuming that the camp is during the day, and for a whole week.... are the children out of school for the year now?

LC said...

I recognized you immediately with that wonderful smile. Then realized everyone in the photo had smiles. Our church has a similar VBS . It's called Extreme Week and is in July. Blessings given; blessings received. Wonderful , Sue!

jel said...

AWESOME!
and I love warm pretzels:)

diane b said...

Good for you, its great to volunteer.

Shilpa said...

Happy finding your blog .