Friday, May 24, 2019

FLASHBACK FRIDAY


I was going through some old photographs the other day.

Two came up from a very long time ago.

This is me at my graduation from a program for certification.

I had gone through a program to become a Certified Nurse Assistant.

June 1986...... That's 33 years ago !!!

A lot has happened since then.




My favorite instructors Karen and Betty handed me my certificate

and I was officially a CNA.




I never used my certification in the working world,

but it had so much value in helping my Dad in the last year of his life.

Time well spent being able to help my Mom at that difficult time.

Our job situation improved and responsibilities changed...

So my certification lapsed but I have never regretted learning all I did.

Working in the Nursing home was a challenge but I think it has helped me

understand aging more...

( now that I am at the age of those I cared for during onsite classes).

Happy Friday.


9 comments:

Michelle said...

Being a CNA is a hard, but caring job. They have this program at my daughter's high school and many of her friends are graduating with this certification.

Marie Smith said...

Your training must have been helpful indeed. What a great program to have done!

MadSnapper said...

I believe CNA in a nursing or assisted living home is the hardest job in those places. I saw so much that they did in the year daddy was in a nurshing home. it is good you could help your mom at home. I like learning new things about you I did not know. We are fine, set to do Bob's surgery this Thursday, hope it is a go this time. thanks for praying

Ginny Hartzler said...

How wonderful that you did this! I think all of us need nursing skills at one time or another. I don't know if this has a different name now, most positions do.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sure you were a caring worker, whether to others or to your Dad.

Chatty Crone said...

My niece and sister in law are CNA's - don't let anyone tell you it is not HARD work!

diane b said...

I take my hat off to those who work in Age Care Facilities.

Carol said...

My mother in law is currently in a home and since I work as a home health aide, I am fully aware of the patience that those ladies that care for her need. She is not an easy woman to deal with and I am sure there are many worse than her. God Bless you for completing that training and for caring for your mom and dad.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

God had a special plan for you and helping your parents is a wonderful way to use your CNA.