Sunday, January 13, 2019

THIS WEEKEND'S EXCITMENT


Our son and family were coming over for dinner this weekend.

I was baking a pie and then was going to bake some enchiladas.

That didn't happen.

Half way through the pie "time" I noticed some flashes coming from my oven.

Yup, it was arcing and totally disintegrating the baking element.




I am so glad I was in the kitchen so I could turn off the oven before it caught something on fire.

We feel so blessed that so many people offered to help and get this repaired.

Our friend Roland ordered a part and will put it in for us.

Hopefully it's a simple fix and we don't have to replace our wall oven at this time.

All I can say is there is nothing like friendship that steps up in a time of need.



7 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sorry this happened, but rejoice with you at the kindness of friends during such a time.Hopefully this can be easily repaired and you can be back to baking those delicious treats.

Ginny Hartzler said...

A terrible disaster avoided! Thanking God for this!

Sandra said...

so glad you were in the kitchen, and not in another room, could have been so much worse. also glad it was a simple fix of turning off the oven and not a fire... you are blessed that is was not a fire and that you have friends who jumped on board with a fix...

Imiya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shammickite said...

That was definitely a scary moment, thank goodness you were there to take control and turn the power off. And yes it's great to have friends who will step in and help in times of stress.
What happened to the pie and the enchiladas? I hope you went out to dinner instead.

diane b said...

That would have been scary and lucky that you were nearby. Nothing beats good friends and neighbours.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, glad you caught that in time! Hopefully it can be fixed easily. Thank you for stopping over and commenting about my word for this year and I like yours too!