Monday, July 30, 2018

SMOKE GETS IN YOUR EYES


California is on fire again.

So much devastation  and lives lost.

My heart just aches.

The fires surround where we live.

The worst being the Carr fire in Redding, CA, which is about 100 miles from us.

A 3 hour drive to the North.

A fire 3 hour drive to the West of us isn't contained yet.

A fire 4-5 hour drive to the SouthWest of us has closed Yosemite National Park.

We are in the Central Valley and all the smoke from every fire

just sits in our valley.

It isn't as smokey today but the skies are still murky.

This photo is of our front yard yesterday morning.  (Sunday)




If you enlarge the photo you can see the geese on their way to somewhere...

Thanks for looking.




5 comments:

jel said...

it is sad to see that.
glad to hear that you are safe.
take care.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have been following this on T.V. I hope you stay safe!!

MadSnapper said...

the news is full of horror on these fires, so many lives lost, homes and business, wildlife and trees, and it just burns on and on.... glad you are safe but I know that smoke is not good either, to breathe or see

Shammickite said...

I'm very glad that you are not anywhere near those fires. But I feel so sad for those who have lost everything. I can't imagine how they are feeling. There are wildfires happening here in Ontario Canada too.... people having to leave their homes in the interests of safety.

kc bob said...

I know a few folks in Redding. The fire and the loss is simply heartbreaking Sue.