Friday, November 29, 2013

THE BEST LAID PLANS



Boy, I started out so good with the plans of showing our great
Thanksgiving Day celebration.

Here are some of our dinner thwarting snacks.
It seems we were set for a marathon eating day.



Then....
I forgot to take a picture of the beautiful 20 pound bird as it
came out of the oven.

So all you see is the last bits of the turkey being cut.

Most  was already on the platter hidden by my Carver Fantastic
Son.

Dinner time....

Laughing

Visiting

Sharing heart-felt Thanksgiving thoughts

No pictures!!!

Completely forgot to record the day....

Too busy just plain enjoying myself.


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

MadSnapper said...

forgetting to photograph is a good thing, it means you were having so much fun you did not even think of it.. what you showed us is fine with me. glad you had all your family there to enjoy your eating marathon

Hilary said...

I've done that more times than I can count. I'm glad you had a lovely time. No need to record it with the camera when it lives as a fond memory.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, the two you did take are good!

Wanda said...

HaHaHa...if you check out my blog, you'll see the same thing happened...the bountiful buffet never got a picture..however I did get some shots of the desserts.

I had fun in the kitchen with my son too. Very much the same, lots of love and laughter.

Love you guys so much.

Kate said...

20 pounds! You really must have feasted!

Mildred said...

Very nice post!
I sometimes forget to take photos on such occasions. But that's only because you are spending great moments with people you love.
Thanks for sharing.

***
Have a nice Sunday.

MadSnapper said...

thanks for the compliment and I have no patience at all with almost any or everything, like crafts or sewing or anything that needs to be measured, cut or painted. but for some reason i can play all day in the computer and never lose patience, except of course when the computer aliens attack and make it do strange things

LC said...

Sounds like a perfect day. So happy for your total immersion in every moment of happy family time.

Sometimes being totally with loved ones means coming out from behind the camera for awhile!

Merisi said...

For once a good sign, fogetting to take pictures!
It must have been a truly memorable feast. ;-)

A friend of mine set up her iPhone in such a way it snapped a picture every few minutes. Sitting and snapping happily away for hours, a camera app then created a fun little video.

Piotr LA said...

Your blog is very valuable.
phone girls London