Monday, November 29, 2010

ABC WEDNESDAY LETTER " T "



It seems we are TRAVELING THROUGH THE alphabet at break-neck speed.
TODAY'S letter is " T ".
THIS letter stands for TIPPY TOES.
Don't you just hate it when your feet don't TOUCH THE ground?
I THINK THESE TOES have a rather TIMID and prim pose TO THEM.
Don't you?
THERE'S no TELLING what she is waiting for.



My Granddaughter went on a field TRIP a few weeks ago.
She was able TO sail on THIS TALL ship called THE Hawaiian Chieftian.
THE THEATRICAL crew was dressed in period costume.
THEY were able TO sail under the TOWER Bridge
because it is a Vertical-lift Span.
THE TOWER Bridge opened for TRAFFIC in 1935.
THE TRUSS THAT lifts THE span is supported by
TWO vertical TOWERS which are 160 feet TALL.



I loved THESE TREES growing at Woods Lake.
Look at all the different TRUNKS and THEIR wonderful TEXTURES.
It makes me want TO TOUCH THE rough and smooth bark.
My Hubby and I had a TERRIFIC TIME with our son
TAKING one photograph after another.



THE huge airplane TURBINES fascinate me.
I guess you could say THEY TICKLE my fancy.
Be sure to click on the pictures to enlarge and see the detail.
When you are done, TROT over TO Mrs. Nesbitts link on my sidebar
and see what TIMELY "T"s are posted.
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a good variety of pictures! I think the first one is a statue?

Olivier said...

encore une belle serie, avec une preference pour la premiere

LC said...

The contrasting textures and sizes of the trees with the misty lake in the background looks so otherworldly, not exactly serene, but anticipating.

Unknown said...

Tippy toes. Trees. I LOVE this. You always think of a million and one things and I think that is super!

Cheryl said...

Nice job with all of your photos. Loved those trees all to pieces. It's great when the Tall Ships drop anchor.

MadSnapper said...

how cool on the tippy toes. I went on a big sailing ship like that one, it was tied up at the dock in savannah, great trip for her. my problem is it gets harder and harder to stand on tippy toes at my old age.

Wanda said...

I can't believe we are already at "T". Love your tippy toes. I love coming and seeing all your creative pictures for T....I'm no nearly so clever this time.

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic collection of T words for the day! I would love to be able to take a trip on that boat! You always have such a great, fun array of photos! Hope you're having a great week! Thanks for the fun!

Sylvia

Tumblewords: said...

Terrific collection of T's. I, too, love the tree bark. Each one different and beautiful. The drifting mist is absolutely lovely!

Hilary said...

Yes, it seems you just very recently started over.. I guess not! Your T's are Terrific. Beautiful images one and all. Your angles and perspectives are always top notch.

Amy said...

Sue, What a great assortment of "t's!" You have a talent to capture something that makes the viewer curious - what's the story behind those "tippy toes?"

Roger Owen Green said...

terrfic photos; yes, I DO hate it when my feet don't touch the ground.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Nanka said...

Hi and that is my line :D 'I don't like it when my feet don't touch the ground' :D

Loved the collection of T words here!!

AVCr8teur said...

Wow, I didn't know that bridge lifted that way. How unique!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Great job as always! Those feet remind me of a shot I took of my niece on Thanksgiving... of her 6 year old stocking feet crossed under the table... little feet .... so cute.

Bradley Hsi said...

You always have fantastic photos with a great collection of words, well done!

Reader Wil said...

What a lovely Tippy Toes! I like all your photos! And the turbines are very impressive!

Reader Wil said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog and for your very kind words. I hope the young people coming to us will tell their message to many of us.

Gattina said...

I like the picture of the tippy toes !

Merisi said...

Simply amazing,
captured just at the right moment!

Love the tippy toes statue.

Francisca said...

You got the T's all Tied-up! Terrific! Tremendous! Truly! :-D

Snow Leopard said...

Lovey bridge and the turbine was interesting. Was it a turbo prop? But liked the photograph of the trees the best. :)

-
http://snowleopardshoots.wordpress.com/
http://unpredictableblog.wordpress.com/