Sunday, June 22, 2008

SLIPPERY AND SOAPY


One year ago this weekend my husband and I moved to Rocklin, California. After the initial move in our son and family and hubby and I went to the Placer County Fair and to the Soap Track 200 lap car race, and we did it again tonight. It was a great way to unwind. The entire track has been flooded with soap suds and then they turn the sprinklers on . The added obstacles were huge truck tires placed around the track. You can see one in the picture. Notice that the track is white..that's the suds dripping down the raceway. The tires, soap and water made plenty of excitment. All the cars get pretty banged up but no injuries, just good clean (pardon the pun) fun.
To get a better view just enlarge the picture.
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Olivier said...

une course poursuite infernale avec la voiture de police ;o) on dirait que la piste est gelée. Je vois que tu es fan de course de voiture, ce type de course existe peu en France.

a race to hell with the police car o) it seems that the runway is frozen. I see that you're a fan of car racing, this type of race are few in France.

Anonymous said...

This sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

beautiful action shot

Hilary said...

Oh that looks like fun.. more fun for the drivers than the spectators. You caught the action beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog this morning. I hope you enjoyed my post today.

I suppose it is true--they used to say that people went to car races to see wrecks and no wrecks meant less revenue next year. Nobody wanted to see a clean race.

I enjoyed reading your blog post for today and I thought the photography was good too. And wanted you to know I was here. Kind of like "Kilroy" was here...remember those drawings everyone used to make?

MedaM said...

Oh, this is interesting action photo!

Beverly said...

That does look like fun!

Shammickite said...

oooo racing in soapsuds, that sounds like an awesome way to spend an evening!
I go to the wreck'em race every year at the local fair, and it's even better if it's been raining and the ground is muddy! Not sure that I'd like to take part though, I'd rather be an observer, much safer!
England pics will be posted in the next day or so!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, never heard of such a thing. I can't believe it's been a year since you moved!

LSqrd said...

That would have to be a blast, Slippin' and a slidin!!

I went to an old fashioned demolition derby as a kid (proabbly 35-40 years ago) and had a ball.

Anonymous said...

Great action shot...looks like a great time!

Dsole said...

they seem toys!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Sue,
Thank you for your recent comment, I really appreciated what you said ;)

Horsoon said...

Sounds like more fun than bumper cars? :)

CG said...

That sounds fun!! I never heard of that sort of racing!!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

fun, fun, and more fun! :)

John Roberts said...

I've never heard of this kind of racing. It sure looks like fun!