Thursday, October 18, 2007
PUMPKINS AND GOURDS
This past weekend we went to Apple Hill which is in the Sierra foothills. We had a great time eating fresh apple pie, gazing at the pumpkins, taking pictures and contributing to the local economy.
I have been tagged by Glenn Standish and MedaM to tell 8 things about myself, so here it goes....
1. I used to be a secret shopper for Sizzler Restaurants. I would be able to eat for free and then write a report about the food and service. It was a lot of fun.
2. I love to travel and see things from a different point of view. Places I have visited are: Nicaragua, Haiti, Russia, Uzbekistan, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Mexico and lots of the USA.
3. I love the earth toned colors.
4. I love to prowl Antique stores and Flea markets with my husband.
5. I always thought I would have 2 boys and I did. Today is our 2nd born's Birthday. I can't believe he is 34 years young. Our son is a fine, tender hearted, compassionate Father, Husband and Son. We love you and are proud to have you as our son. Happy Birthday.
6. I almost got mugged when I was 18 while waiting for a bus after work in San Francisco, 9:30 at night. It was a very scary situation as I was surrounded by 3 young punks. The Good Lord had his hand on me and the guys finally gave up and walked away. I got a car immediately after that. My parents were so concerned about my safety.
7. My High School Government teacher went on to be an Assemblyman and was killed on the fact finding mission for the Jonestown Massacre. He was a good teacher and was cut down in the prime of his life.
8. Fish Tacos has become one of my favorite Mexican foods.
Thanks for the tag.