I'm going to bypass Wordless Wednesday this time.
It's hard to believe that my long time ( 60+) years friend has been with the Lord for an entire year.
She passed Sept.9, 2025, just a few weeks short of her 85 birthday.
We had been through college, marriage, kids, church and everything in between together.
Lynne and I had been next door neighbors for 41 years before moving to the Sacramento area.
I was also One of her caregivers through the last 7-8 years of her life. That Alzheimers disease is so devastating ...
I am thankful to have known her and had the joy of walking through life together.
Still missed ...
Always be Grateful
Always be Kind


13 comments:
Aww, I remember when she passed. A whole year of perfect health for her, both body and mind, but still missed here on earth.
These can be tough milestones in life. Prayers for you today.
Alzheimer's is awful!!! I watched it kill my grandmother. Again, I am so sorry.
I've not been close to anyone that has had Alzheimers but such a devastating illness. A year does go by quickly
((HUGS)) Time goes by so quickly. You certainly spent a lot of time with her.
Gosh, but time is a thief. I remember when Lynn passed like it was yesterday; how our hearts hurt for you.
I don't know what's going on with Blogger, but the most current posts I'm getting are 48 hours old. Maybe I'll waive a flag (PSA) and see what AI has to say about it.
I remember. It is HARD to lose a close friend. Sorry.
Thank you for linking up!
I'm so sorry, Sue. I know how hard it is to lose a good friend like that. And it seems the older we get, the more of our friends are "graduating to heaven" before us. My Daddy used to say that the only time he got to see his old friends was at their funeral. Sad but too true it seems. Sending your warm (((HUGS))) today.
It's always hard to lose such a special and long-lasting friend, Sue, and yours will be with you forever, in your memories now.
What a special post about your dear friend. My mom's good friend had Alzheimer's, and it's a terrible thing. I'm sorry your friend went through that for 8 years. So good of you to be one of her caretakers during that most difficult time. Sweet picture of the two of you. There's nothing like old friends. It's wonderful that she was your neighbor for so many years too. Have a peaceful Sunday, and good week ahead.
I do remember when she passed, and when you used to help take care of her. You were a very special friend.
What a moving tribute to such a long, lifelong friendship. Sixty years of memories together and being there as a supportive caregiver during a tough season is really special. Thinking of you on this one-year milestone, and sending warm thoughts your way
Post a Comment