Monday, August 31, 2026

MONDAY MEANDERINGS

 Monday Meanderings

The case of the Traveling Yellow Rag ...

Several weeks ago I noticed some strange things on the ground at our patio pavers.

Its hard to see but on the bottom of the photo are some goggles which I wear when I weed whack ... and up at the top of the photo is a orange and white garden glove.

These items have been on a little table on the patio.   NO wind !  How did they get out there??


Then I looked further and there Meandering out on the grass was a yellow rag we use for wiping tools.

As I said, no wind at all ...


We haven't seen the foxes since my last blog about them.  I think we have curious Kits that like to play with things just like dogs do.

Every few days I began to see the Traveling Rag in a slightly different spot.


Still no wind to blow the rag around the yard.



It seems to have found its way over to our shed.


I think this is the Final Resting Place for said soggy rag.


Still haven't seen any foxes but I guess they are playing in the wee hours of the morning.

We also haven't seen any more squirrels and only 2 or 3 lizards scooting around our yard.  Maybe all the goodies are gone so the Kits are on to someone else's yard.

I have to say we are missing them and their Meandering about the backyard.

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind


12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am SO curious!! Too bad you don't have a camera out there. We don't either. You must let us know if you ever find out! I have never seen squirrels play with anything like this. Maybe a crow, but they usually go for shiny items.

Mari said...

That is so funny! I wonder if those kits are out there playing at night?

Mevely317 said...

Such a mystery! Maybe Mr. D could pen a country song about the Travelling Rag?
Thank you for reminding me, I need to put on goggles or some form of eye protection when I'm out whacking. We were constantly "schooled" about PPE at my last job, but I guess that didn't stick.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Oh how cute that would be to see the kits out there playing around.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, that makes me curious who is meddling in your yard. Please do let us know if you find out. I thought maybe a squirrel, they can be so mischievous. I'm wondering if the goggles and glove are in different places too. Oh, what a mystery.

Happy September!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

OH dear, you do need a wildlife cam in your yard. I bet you'd be surprised at the things that go on "after midnight". When we lived in the Ocala National Forest we had a wildlife cam and we set it up next to a little baby swimming pool of water so the wildlife could get a drink. We'd see bears, deer, coyotes, foxes, raccoons...all kinds of fun stuff goes on when we aren't looking!! It was well worth the investment to have that camera. It was the best entertainment! Just a thought.

shug said...

Well..now I am wondering. you need to get an outdoor camera to see what action is taking place in your back yard during g the wee hours of the night. you should move it this evening to a place up near the goggles and just see what happens overnight. would surely have to be a critter or else the Aliens are tempting you to come out and play. lol. you will have to let us know. love a good mystery!! 🩷🩷🩷🩷

Great-Granny Grandma said...

An interesting mystery.

Anonymous said...

Probably bigfoot (sasquatch) as humans encroach on their forest habitat, there are more recent encounters in populated areas.

Ann said...

Too bad you didn't have a camera out there. You would be able to catch whoever has been playing with things.

Red Rose Alley said...

**Sorry you left a long comment yesterday, but I'm so glad you came back with a new comment, thank you for that. The tea pot from Target is really nice. It's big, so it holds a lot of water, but I only fill it to the spout area to make a cup for myself, cause I don't want the tea pot to discolor. It's a cream color, and pretty. The copper on it makes it unique looking. You should check it out next time you're at Target. : )

Michelle said...

This is a fun mystery! I wish you could catch them in action.