Monday, August 31, 2015

ABC WEDNESDAY LETTER " H "


Wednesday will bring us to the next letter in our ABC Wednesday meme.

The letter is " H ".




The stained glass windows at Old St. Mary's in San Francisco, CA depict

HOLY scenes.




I like the old and the new in this shot.

The HIGH RISE  with the 1900 Old St. Mary's Church in front shows HOW

the vintage and new can exist together.




I am very fortunate to HAVE this wonderful HEIRLOOM from my Mother.

Once upon a time it HAD a picture of both parents.

Now all that is left are her initials on the front.

I'm glad I finally found it.




Another treasured HEIRLOOM is this pocket watch.

It was my paternal Grandpa's and my Dad made the little display stand for it.

HOPE everyone enjoys the letter " H " and will HURRY over to the link on my sidebar to see what others have posted.


12 comments:

Merisi said...

Such beautiful objects!

Shammickite said...

Well, you give new meaning to the letter H.

Unknown said...

Delicate and precious object.... keep on cherishen them! A good choice for this weeks entry!

Thank you for participating in this weeks letter in de 17th round. Nice to see you come around every week!
Have a nice day
Melody (abc-w-team)

Rajesh said...

Wonderful. I like that watch.

Roger Owen Green said...

a nice HAUL of H words!
ROG, ABCW

Mascha said...

What a great contrast between the old church and the high modern building!
Lovely memories and I've learned the word heirloom today (I'm still a beginner in English)
Greetings from Germany

Ann said...

Heirlooms are the best to own.
Ann

Photo Cache said...

I love the Old St. Mary's in Chinatown. I never fail to stop by when I'm in the neighborhood.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Reader Wil said...

I can understand that you treasure these beautiful heirlooms.
Thanks for your kind comment/
Wil, ABCW Team

Indrani said...

That is a wonderful take on 'H'.
Great pics.
Happy ABCW!

Anonymous said...

Great choices for the letter H. I love heirlooms - the idea of having a physical memory of someone we love that has been passed down the ages is so quaint.

Leslie: said...

Gosh you sure have a way with the H words...love the locket!

Leslie
abcw team