Sunday, August 27, 2006

SILENT SENTINEL

Found this silent guard at the Presidio National Cemetery. He has been there for so many years. This will be my last post for a week or so. My daughter-in-law broke her ankle rather severely and my son needs to return to work. My husband and I are driving to Oregon to help out with the grandkids. I'm not sure if I will get a chance to be on the computer very much. I do hope to have a photo op or two while there and on the way home.
Thanks for looking and I will be back. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

John Roberts said...

Your camera. Don't leave home without it.

Edulabbe said...

Beautiful picture. Is the statue made of wood?
I just found your blog. Very nice photos.
Good luck in your trip.

photowannabe said...

edulabbe, the statue is stone. It is so weathered that it appears to be wood

Meg said...

Stone? I was going to say the crack in the wood looks like tears. Have a safe trip.

Unknown said...

Sorry about your daughter-in-laws injury. If you pass through Roseburg on your trip to Oregon, give me a wave.

I like the old soldier.