Monday, May 02, 2016

ABC WEDNESDAY LETTER " Q "


Well here we are again making the rounds of the alphabet.

This time I am on the QUEST for the letter  " Q  ".


I am QUITE happy to have a new park so close to our home.

QUARRY Park....




The new park is on the grounds of the old, no longer in use, QUARRY.

The QUARRY mined granite for many buildings in San Francisco.

I am so glad they have developed such a beautiful park.




This place in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco,CA is called

QUEEN Wilhelmina's Tulip Garden.

The Dutch Windmill has been cosmetically restored but is no longer working.

When we were there recently the tulips were finished for the season and the

Icelandic poppies were just about done too.

It was a beautiful day for sightseeing anyway.

Thanks for looking and thanks to the ABC team and their QUALITY work.


13 comments:

Wanda said...

What a QUALITY job you did on your Q's. I love that you and Dave take wonderful day trips and we have been able to share a few of those. Looking forward to more.

Marie Smith said...

Q is such a difficult one but you did quite well!

MadSnapper said...

my eyes are Quitting on me, I read Comically restored and had to go back and re read it.. Quit laughing.. you did quite the job on your Q's. i would love to see the tulips and the windmill...

Reader Wil said...

Excellent Q words! As always!
Have a great week!
Wil, ABCW Team

Hildred said...

The flowers may have been gone but what a lovely blue sky in the background of the windmill.

MelodyK said...

that is a lovely choise for this weeks letter....i like it even more because i am dutch ofcourse ;-)

Have a nice abc-wednesday-day / - week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

carol l mckenna said...

What a beautiful park and great photos and Q's for ABC ~

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

Shooting Parrots said...

That is a beautiful photo of the windmill. It looks so solid that it will stay like that forever!

Photo Cache said...

I love going to Queen Wilhelmina's garden. When I first came to the US, my brother took me there first (as well as GG bridge) so I will always remember the joy I felt when I saw the tulips that day.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Murthy K v v s said...

So innovative post for letter Q.

Rajesh said...

Really great choices.

Leslie: said...

Perfect choice for Q week! I love everything about San Francisco and that park looks very quaint.

Leslie
abcw team

Roger Owen Green said...

love the windmill!
ROG, ABCW