Thursday, July 26, 2018

ESCAPE TO THE MOUNTAINS


The temperatures have been soaring into the 100's F.

Too hot to stay in the "Flatlands"...

So it was time for a spur of the moment escape to our favorite lake.

Lake Tahoe, NV.




Our first night there a storm blew through with hail, rain,  thunder and lightening.




After that the sun came out and the weather was perfect.

Getting better at the "selfies".




There was a lot of haze and smoke in the air from the fires near Yosemite.

We could hardly see the Sierras.





2 weeks after my gall bladder surgery.

I am feeling terrific.

Down 76 pounds doesn't hurt either.





We treated ourselves to the fabulous Camp Richardson Ice Cream.

Pretty hefty servings for $3.00 each.

Yummmm....


You just have to do this every once in a while.

Now, I didn't eat them both!!!

Hubby had Cookies and Cream and Strawberry Cheesecake.

I had Mint Chip and Pralines and Cream.

Delicious...



3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You look so good! Did you lose all that weight from being sick? I lost a lot from my surgery, but not this much! I never knew you even needed to lose weight. Your view from up high is beautiful, and I can see the sun rays.

MadSnapper said...

I saw skinny you on FB and you do look fabuloso minus those pounds. glad you could get away to cooler temps in that beautiful place.. you are getting really good at selfies. I can't get a decent one, and bob will not even let me try. we have hardly any photos of us together, and the ones we do have are from years ago

Shammickite said...

I'm glad to see that you have had your surgery and you are obviously feeling a lot better, judging by the smile on your face. Well done for losing so much weight too. I hope you are nowhere near all those terrible fires that are burning in California, what a tragedy. So many homes lost, acreage burned, and people killed.
I've been away in England and Scotland and then a week in St Johns, Newfoundland, my favourite city, had a great time in spite of it being very HOT weather everywhere.