Saturday, September 12, 2015

CALIFORNIA 'S BURNING



California continues to have one raging wildfire after another.

Containment isn't in sight for many of them.




Though the fires aren't that close to us,

You can see how dark and yucky the air has turned.

I took this and the next photo yesterday from the top of a hill near our home.





Everything has a strange yellow pallor to it.

Praying for so many that have had to evacuate their homes and for the losses

a lot of them have incurred.

We need rain !!!

Enlarging the photos will show more detail.



5 comments:

Merisi said...

I am so sorry for all of you who suffer under these horrific conditions! I imagine the air must be hard to breathe, all those dust and ash particles around. I hope you do get a good rain shower to at least put a damper on all this.
Hugs,
Merisi

MadSnapper said...

fire to me is even more scary than water or wind. much easier to survive and a fighting chance. Fire is no chance at all. i pray now that rain will come and help to put out the fires. that is was scary but awesome sky

Wanda said...

Breaks my heart. Saw all the empty brown fields as we traveled to the Memorial Service. We had a few sprinkles of rain and I do mean a few...not enough to even puddle. But thankful for every drop.

Coco said...

We also had some really scary fires in Cape Town earlier this year so I feel for you! Hope the rain comes soon.

Shammickite said...

I've seen these fires on my TV news, so horrible. Please stay safe. I've seen the aftermath of fires like this when I was in Australia, devastating. I'm doing a rain dance for you.